Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Glowing

A side effect of using your innate talents and doing something you love. Glowing.

I've noticed life becoming easier. People are easier to talk to. Life is less struggle and more fun.
Painting is important.

The Artlantis show was a lot of work and stress, and I didn't sell any paintings. I had some good conversations with other artists, some of them struggling to make art again. I'm allowing the feedback I got to influence my paintings, and that is really exciting. Although I did not sell a painting to make the adventure monetarily worth the expense, the feedback is proving to be very useful!

My friend Chrissy (yes, same name) and I started a painting at Artlantis, and I started another one and worked on the Red and Turquoise from Artist Day. It's getting closer to done. They're not dry enough to photograph yet.

And my camera charging cord/dock died. Camera was too old (maybe 5, 6 years!), from when the electronics companies thought it was smart to make a different shaped charging port for every device...so I'll have to borrow or buy a camera. The camera on my HTC Evo won't cut it, even with the 3D on. Has anybody made good photos with that 3D function? Seems useless.